Danfo bus ride part (MY EXPERIENCE) - Khorgist.com

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Advertise Here

Post Top Ad

STAY SAFE




Saturday 2 September 2017

Danfo bus ride part (MY EXPERIENCE)

Who do you think you are?
Who exactly?
Na ur beauty  we go chop?
Abi  na ur certificate we go take cook soup?
If you feel say you get class enter street go make money na Abi wetin sef!
Those harsh words kept ringing in my little Head as I sat down alone in an old rickety Japanese condemned vehicle popularly known as "danfo ",by 2pm at mile 2 Lagos one hot Friday  afternoon.
2pm, the time when every responsible young female graduate should be in her office or at her business making cool cash and exploring her skills
Yes a responsible beautiful working class entrepreneurial lady. Something I was not and was seeming too hard to become.
Tears welled up my eyes as I remembered the torture and insult my Aunty melted on me earlier that day simply because I had preferred  to rather keep consistently submitting fruitless applications than joining the family's business.selling/publicizing my uncle Ekweudo's healing herbal cleanser.No doubt the business was making wave and providing sustenance for the family but I couldn't imagine someone of my calibre stooping so low to sell and advertise a product.infact a local drug anywhere. Me a Biochemistry graduate of the university of Lagos. God 4bid!.
But as it stands now I will have to make a trial. You never can tell you know. One or two grammatical eloquences coupled my fresh kit up, I just might make a wave!
"Aunty shift nau!.Hanhan!. Shebi na De same money we pay together Ni.Abi u pay for extra siti ni?Ejo o,mi o  rojo! ".one Yoruba fat lady with  tribal marks sitting beside me who had already occupied the seats meant for three passengers with her fat folded stretched marked body shouted at me, I hissed and adjusted.
In a twinkle of an eye,the 12 setter bus was filed to the brim and we started the 2hour journey to badagry.  One slim fair beautiful lady on lenses at the back who was looking like a JJc caught my attention.she was obviously irritated by the smell of the bus and to worsening the situation,a fine tushed up igbo merchant with bad English and deep accent wouldn't let her be with his outdated woos.seated close to them was this slim fine neatly dressed large head young man on lenses looking so intimidated like an ss2 school boy whose fan yogurt was seized by the senior prefect.. His chances with the Sisi palanga had obviously been eradicated. He was no match for the contest anyway.
I assessed the passengers. Stood up bravely.introduced myself and the product, added some spices to my accent, exaggerated the potency of the drug and like magic I began to makes sales. 20mins later, I sat down with smiles on my face.
Are u micheal Oscar ?. The facebook writer?. I turned back at the sound of the name from bella. Yes Bella. That was the name she replied the igbo merchant.
Yes I am came the response..
Micheal Oscar. Sounds familiar. In fact it rang a bell. I turned,looked at him again and then I recognized the face
Micheal Asuquo oscar.
A course mate of mine in Biochemistry back then in unizik.Dandy Anwucha the notorious female dumper was his closest friend.
I remember teaching them how to draw pathways in bio212 and helping him out in those difficult pronunciations in Anatomy classes..how time flies.pity he cant even recognize me. But why was he looking so lean and full of bones now?.Ehya poor boy.he must av graduated now and be in search of a job. At least I have hope oo.common #250 to okoafo he couldn't pay. He had to price It!. Thank God I left that school for them and the notorious Dr Uka
"see bahbiy, Disi thini isi sinpulu.just Sclath my back and I Sclatch ya own. I geti money to plovide for you. I get teelee store for 1 pound 3 load Aba, two for 51 iweka load onitsha and 4 for ubakason plaza.Ayam capabulu ".the igbo merchant said to Bella disturbing her conversation with Oscar.
Few minutes later Oscar alighted from the bus hugging his slim briefcase case to his bony chest. From his look, he didn't get enough time to chat with his Sisi palanga
As he came down I smiled
He really gave me evidence that when there's life there Is hope.
Maybe we might meet again
Just maybe..
#ExoticEve

No comments:

Read Comment Policy ▼
PLEASE NOTE:
We have Zero Tolerance to Spam. Chessy Comments and Comments with Links will be deleted immediately upon our review.

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad




Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Khorgist ?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2347064258615, Social Media @khorgist_com: Email: Khorgist@gmail.com More information here.