ENTERTAINMENT : Former Miss Pepeye of “Papa Ajasco” reveal reasons why she quit the role - Khorgist.com

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Advertise Here

Post Top Ad

STAY SAFE




Wednesday 24 January 2018

ENTERTAINMENT : Former Miss Pepeye of “Papa Ajasco” reveal reasons why she quit the role

Bolatito Sowunmi, who played the role of Miss Pepeye in the comedy series “Papa Ajasco” for over 8 years has once again reiterated why she left the comedy series at a time she did.
In the interview with City People, the actress talked about her experience and why she left the role, she stated that she was in her comfort zone, not moving forward and challenging herself.
See excerpts below:

You played a major role in the comedy series, how was the experience like?
It was amazing and I value each voyage by assuming the part of Miss Pepeye in light of the fact that it really conveyed me to spotlight. I didn't know I have that quite a bit of an ability until the point that I began playing Miss Pepeye in light of the fact that I had assumed a few parts in my optional school show club and everything except as at that point. 

I was examining law so I didn't consider myself to be a genuine performer. Despite the fact that I know I had something within me yet when I began playing Miss Pepeye, I found that goodness, I am a bundle and I have such a great amount to give the world so Miss Pepeye part really opened my eyes to see a lot of things I have inside of me. It was really a wonderful time there.
Was it that you left the role or your time ended as Miss Pepeye in the sitcom?
There is no time finishing, no stipulated time you can assume the part so it isn't as though I was in an agreement that has a term. For whatever length of time that I am accessible to assume the part, I play it on different meetings that I have allowed I said ther motivation behind why I needed to leave, I think I assumed the part for more than 8 years. It is more about me I didn't have any issue with the general population, I just woke up one day and I resembled I think you are in your customary range of familiarity bola you have to push ahead as long you are here and you realize that you as of now have a settled part. 

I was not pushing ahead, I was not testing myself, the part does not provoke me any more. I can play Pepeye even in my rest, so I required something that will super test me and I expected to go into the Nollywood business. It was not as though I had an agreement preventing me from going into the business completely while I am playing Pepeye yet it is more about me.
I noticed playing the role kind of did not push me forward to do other things so I told myself okay the only way you can move is to leave the good in your hand so as to get the best. So I decided to drop it besides let me give another person the opportunity to pay the role. I have been playing it for a long time now and if you remove 8 years from my age. I think I have put in a lot in it.
There is somebody out there too that needs the chance so I should not go and be the godmother of Miss Pepeye for ever now (laughs) so that is basically what actually happened. When I decided, I called my boss and explained to him, apart from that I was travelling a lot at that time so I was like it will be very incompetent when the call me for location and I am not available and I didn’t want to be like that. I explained to him and he was happy about it and okay with it, I don’t know about happy but I know he was okay with it and there was a consensus and I left.
What have you been up to since you left the popular role?
Okay a lot have been going on, I have actually been into Nollywood proper, been working, I have some films that I have featured in and a lot of them will be coming out this 2018. So watch out (laughs). I have been grooming myself for the bigger screen and then it’s basically Nollywood. I am also an entrepreneur I have other things I do but the actual thing about me is acting and that is what I am doing.
– City People

Leave a Comment..

No comments:

Read Comment Policy ▼
PLEASE NOTE:
We have Zero Tolerance to Spam. Chessy Comments and Comments with Links will be deleted immediately upon our review.

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad




Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Khorgist ?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2347064258615, Social Media @khorgist_com: Email: Khorgist@gmail.com More information here.