SPORTS : Europa League: Welbeck escapes punishment for ‘dive’ against AC Milan - Khorgist.com

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Advertise Here

Post Top Ad

STAY SAFE




Tuesday 20 March 2018

SPORTS : Europa League: Welbeck escapes punishment for ‘dive’ against AC Milan

UEFA have confirmed that Arsenal striker, Danny Welbeck, will not face any retrospective action for an alleged dive during their 3-1 win against AC Milan on Thursday 
Welbeck went down after a challenge from left-back, Ricardo Rodriguez to win a penalty and eventually converted same to make it 1-1.
The England man scored again as the Gunners won 3-1 on the night and 5-1 on aggregate, to ensure the club’s place in the quarter-finals of the Europa League.
It is understood UEFA’s disciplinary body has been reviewing incidents from Thursday’s Europa League matches.
“I haven’t seen it again. I will watch it again and give my honest feeling about it. I will give him my honest feeling about it as well [if I view it as a dive], don’t worry.
“There are two things: was it a penalty or not? I don’t know. The Italian players were unhappy with it. I can understand that, because I don’t really know what it was,” manager Arsene Wenger said after the match.
Arsenal will take on Russian club, CSKA Moscow in the quarter-final. The first leg comes up at the Emirates on April 5.

No comments:

Read Comment Policy ▼
PLEASE NOTE:
We have Zero Tolerance to Spam. Chessy Comments and Comments with Links will be deleted immediately upon our review.

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad




Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Khorgist ?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2347064258615, Social Media @khorgist_com: Email: Khorgist@gmail.com More information here.