Newly Sober 'Vanderpump Rules' Star Lala Kent 'Shocked' and 'Heartbroken' to Learn of Demi Lovato's Suspected Overdose - Khorgist.com

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Advertise Here

Post Top Ad

STAY SAFE




Thursday 26 July 2018

Newly Sober 'Vanderpump Rules' Star Lala Kent 'Shocked' and 'Heartbroken' to Learn of Demi Lovato's Suspected Overdose





"The entertainment industry and alcohol and drugs -- it's just a terrifying, terrifying road," Lala Kent tells TooFab.

Lala Kent "officially parted ways with alcohol" almost three months ago, and the newly sober star of Bravo's "Vanderpump Rules" says she was "shocked" and "heartbroken" to learn of Demi Lovato's recent relapse and suspected drug overdose.

"I'm like in shock," Lala told TooFab on Wednesday during an interview. "My heart is just broken for her. The entertainment industry and alcohol and drugs -- it's just a terrifying, terrifying road. I'm just so, so heartbroken for her. I can't even imagine being in the spotlight like Demi Lovato. I can't even imagine. All of my love to her, man."




Lala said she made the decision to stop drinking almost 60 days ago to the day because she found herself using alcohol to cope with the sudden death of her father.

"I began numbing myself from the moment I opened my eyes to the moment I closed them," she said. "I woke up one day, and I was like, 'I'm making the decision to stop. I am officially breaking up with alcohol.'"

"And I'm the type of person where, once I hit that point of something's going to change or I'm going to do this, you don't really knock me off of my path," she added. "I was determined, and I decided that we weren't a good fit anymore -- me and the drink."


As a hostess and server at the Lisa Vanderpump-owned restaurant and bar, SUR, Lala said it took her "a couple of weeks" to get used to the change.

"I'd watch people drink and be like, 'Oh, my gosh, my mouth is watering. I could so use about 20 vodka sodas.' And now, it doesn't even phase me," she said. "I'm so level-headed. Now, I wake up in the morning, and I don't regret anything I said or did."

Lala added, "I know that I have an addictive personality, and when I like something, I like it a lot. For me, it's just best that I don't connect with certain things at all. Unfortunately, drinking was one of those things that I did connect with, and I know that if I continue drinking, my path is going to be something that I don't want it to be."



Aside from starring in "Vanderpump Rules" and working at SUR, Lala also owns her own makeup line, Give Them Lala. She told TooFab she was also gearing up to release two singles in the coming months -- "Love Yourself" and "What's It For" -- and on Friday, Lala will make her movie debut in "The Row."












No comments:

Read Comment Policy ▼
PLEASE NOTE:
We have Zero Tolerance to Spam. Chessy Comments and Comments with Links will be deleted immediately upon our review.

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad




Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Khorgist ?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2347064258615, Social Media @khorgist_com: Email: Khorgist@gmail.com More information here.