How SUV rider kidnapped three-year-old twins of roasted corn seller in Bayelsa (Details) - Khorgist.com

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Advertise Here

Post Top Ad

STAY SAFE




Wednesday 1 August 2018

How SUV rider kidnapped three-year-old twins of roasted corn seller in Bayelsa (Details)



A young girl has told of how her brothers who happen to be twins were stolen after their mother left them to the market.


The Police Command in Bayelsa State has confirmed the theft of a set of three-year-old twins on Monday by unknown persons at a motor park in Yenagoa, the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN reports.

Narrating the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria, the victims’ eldest sister, Funmi, said the kidnap took place when their mother, Mrs. Modupe Joseph, went to a mini market in the area to buy salt.

She said, “Our mummy went to Etegwe-Tombia area of Yenagoa to buy salt to cook corn.

“The four of us were left in the custody of one Aisha Ahmed at the motor park.


“Suddenly, one man approached me and gave me N200 to buy food for my siblings, but I refused and told him that we had already eaten,” she said.


Funmi said that the man persisted and made her to collect the money, after which she proceeded to go and buy the food.

“Before I came back, the man had carried my twin brothers away,” she said.


She said that the assailant came in a black Sienna SUV, which he parked nearby.

When questioned, Aisha whom Mrs Modupe had left her children with, said the kidnapper also succeeded in distracting her by giving her N1000 to also buy food for the children. According to her, the man said he needed change in lower Naira denominations.

“One man came to me and gave me N1,000 note to buy three plates of food for the children so that he could have change in his hand, but I asked him to bring the money so I would buy a recharge card for him to get change. While I went to get the recharge card, I saw the eldest among the children (Funmi) and I queried her for leaving the kids, but she told me that the man gave her N200 to buy food for the children. When we returned, we did not see the two boys. I don’t know what has happened to them.” Aisha said

The mother of the twins who wept uncontrollably, said ”I left my children with my friend Aisha to buy salt at Tombia junction. Now they are telling me that my babies are nowhere to be found. If I don’t see my children, I will die.”

The Public Relations Officer of the command, DSP Asinim Butswat, confirmed the incident in an interview with NAN on Tuesday in Yenagoa.

Butswat said the incident occurred at Ekeki Motor Park in Yenagoa Local Government Area and that it has been officially reported to the Command.

“According to the report, the assailants stole the babies and ran to an unknown destination.

“We have alerted our tactical team for investigations and the perpetrators will be brought to book,” he said.












No comments:

Read Comment Policy ▼
PLEASE NOTE:
We have Zero Tolerance to Spam. Chessy Comments and Comments with Links will be deleted immediately upon our review.

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad




Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Khorgist ?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2347064258615, Social Media @khorgist_com: Email: Khorgist@gmail.com More information here.