Alex Iwobi Reveals How He Almost Joined Crystal Palace, Celtic As A Teenager - Khorgist.com

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Advertise Here

Post Top Ad

STAY SAFE




Wednesday 12 December 2018

Alex Iwobi Reveals How He Almost Joined Crystal Palace, Celtic As A Teenager

Alex Iwobi has revealed he almost joined Crystal Palace as a teenager.
Alex Iwobi was unsure whether he would be retained by the Gunners as a 16-year-old and had meetings with several clubs, including Palace, Celtic and Southampton.
““My situation was weird,” Iwobi told Arsenal’s matchday programme.
“There was three of us at the time and we were basically told: ‘Stay if you want, or if not you are free to go’.
“It was up to me and at that moment I went to the Crystal Palace training ground to see them.
“I had offers from Celtic and Southampton as well. Celtic was the main one but I wasn’t ready to go to Scotland.
“I thought it was best to stay at Arsenal but I have to say it felt weird. I was playing for England but I felt maybe I wasn’t rated.
“My England team-mates and everyone else was getting in my ear saying that Arsenal don’t love me because they weren’t offering me a deal.
“It was hard especially because at school as well everyone was talking about it.”
Unai Emery’s arrival at the Emirates Stadium has been like a breath of fresh air for the 22-year-old with Iwobi producing a number of good performances this term.
Iwobi has started 13 games in all competitions under new head coach Unai Emery this season.

Share this


No comments:

Read Comment Policy ▼
PLEASE NOTE:
We have Zero Tolerance to Spam. Chessy Comments and Comments with Links will be deleted immediately upon our review.

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad




Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Khorgist ?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2347064258615, Social Media @khorgist_com: Email: Khorgist@gmail.com More information here.