Stoke City Appoint Nathan Jones As New Manager - Khorgist.com

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Advertise Here

Post Top Ad

STAY SAFE




Wednesday 9 January 2019

Stoke City Appoint Nathan Jones As New Manager




Stoke City have announced the appointment of Nathan Jones as their new manager.

Stoke sacked Gary Rowett on Tuesday following their poor first half of the season and were subsequently searching for their fourth manager in 12 months.

Nathan Jones joins the Potters from League One promotion hopefuls Luton Town having re-galvanised the Hatters during a hugely successful three-year spell at Kenilworth Road,’ a statement on the club’s website reads.

“This is a wonderful club and I feel very proud that the owners have identified the work that myself and my team have been doing,” Jones told Stoke City+ on Wednesday afternoon.




“Being a manager is manic anyway but everything that has happened over the past day, day and a half has been incredible really.

“It has been a whirlwind from start to finish, I am delighted to have it done, but the process has been very manic.

“I have to say that this was the toughest decision of my life, it really was – I know that is a cliché at times when managers move clubs, but it really was for me.

“The environment was special there, I had excellent relationships with key people, my relationship with the supporters was outstanding and I also had a group of players who dedicated every part of their life to performing well for the club.

“All of those key aspects combined enhanced both my reputation and that of Luton Town, so it was a very tough decision to make.

“As a manager you want to be in charge of a real structure, environment and culture that is conducive to winning games and I had that there, having worked tirelessly over the past three years to get it.

“To get me to leave that really needed something special and the people at Luton were fully aware of that.

“As soon as I spoke to Peter and John and heard their vision and listened to what they want to achieve, I knew this was a step that I wanted to take.

“This is a club with wonderful tradition, it has a Premier League structure in every regard, baring the league this year of course.

No comments:

Read Comment Policy ▼
PLEASE NOTE:
We have Zero Tolerance to Spam. Chessy Comments and Comments with Links will be deleted immediately upon our review.

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad




Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Khorgist ?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2347064258615, Social Media @khorgist_com: Email: Khorgist@gmail.com More information here.