Common wrong grammars we speak - Khorgist.com

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Advertise Here

Post Top Ad

STAY SAFE




Monday 29 July 2019

Common wrong grammars we speak

Common wrong grammars by Nigerians
Image result for WRONG GRAMMAR YOU SPEAK

1. You're taking it personal ❌
You're taking it personally ✅

2. He is matured❌
He is mature ✅
He has matured ✅

3. The reason is Because ❌
The reason is that ✅

4.My stuffs❌
My stuff✅

5. Night vigil❌
Vigil✅

6. Traveling bag❌
Travel Bag✅

7. As at when due❌
As and when due✅

8. Be rest assured❌
Rest assured✅

9. I'm hearing you❌
I can hear you✅

10. My names are❌
My name is✅

11. All manners of❌
All manner of✅

12. She delivered a baby boy❌
She was delivered of a baby boy✅

13. Lacking behind❌
Lagging behind✅

14. Crack your brain❌
Rack your brain✅

15. Return it back❌
Return it✅

16. Nigeria comprises of 36 states❌
Nigeria comprises 36 states✅
Nigeria is comprised of 36 states✅

17. Wake keeping❌
Wake keep❌
Wake✅

18. Exercise patience❌
Be patient✅

19. Barbing saloon❌
Barber shop✅

20. I forgot my phone at home❌
I left my phone at home✅

21. Borrow me your pen❌
Lend me your pen✅

22. May I borrow your pen✅
More grease to your elbow❌
More power to your elbow✅make

23. Funny enough, I've never liked him❌
Funnily enough, I've never liked him✅

24. My body is scratching me❌
My body itches✅

25. Letterhead paper❌
Letterhead✅

26. I'm not your mate❌
We're not mates✅

27. You're mannerless❌
You're ill-mannered✅

28. Horn at the car in front❌
Honk at the car in front✅

29. Happy birthday in arrears❌
Happy belated birthday❌
Belated happy birthday✅

30. I will sleep at 10pm❌
I will go to bed at 10pm✅

31. Just when I thought I have seen it all❌
Just when I thought I had seen it all✅

32. First come, First serve❌
First come, First served✅

33. Please dash me❌
Please hand it on to me✅
Please give me✅

34. I have a running nose❌
I have a runny nose✅

35. I have a running stomach❌
I have a runny stomach✅
I have an upset stomach✅

36. Working Experience❌
Work Experience✅

37. God have done it ❌
God has done it ✅

38. He do lie a lot❌
He lies a lot ✅

39. Women loves men❌
Women love men ✅

40. A bunch of banana❌
A bunch of bananas ✅

41. I no my redeemer lives❌
I know my redeemer lives✅

42. Get them some minerals ❌
Get them some soft drinks✅

43. The scream of my phone is bad❌
The screen of my phone is bad✅

44. The Armies ran after us❌
The Army ran after us ✅
The soldiers ran after us✅

45. My mother cooked jollof beans❌
My mother cooked beans ✅

46. Inbox your message ❌
Send your message to my inbox ✅

47. You are bless my son ❌
You are blessed my son ✅

48. Eat and die alone ❌
Eat and dine alone ✅

49. Off the light ❌
Switch off the light ✅

50. The tap is rushing ❌
The tap is running ✅

51. I will pay instalmentally ❌
I will pay in instalments ✅

52. He is matured❌
He is mature ✅
He has matured ✅

53. The plumpy lady cares ❌
The. Plump lady cares ✅

54. You are trickish ❌
You are tricky ✅

55. He is cunny ❌
He is cunning ✅

56. The division is alright ❌
The division is all right ✅

57. She was disvirgined by the boyfriend ❌
She was deflowered by the husband ✅

58. I was opportuned to attend the event ❌
I had the opportunity of attending the event ✅

59. There was go slow ❌
Thee was a gridlock ✅

60. The senator has cross carpeted to another party ❌
The senator has defected to another party ✅

61.We will attend the christian wake keeping/wake keep ❌
We will attend the Christian wake ✅

62. They have taken the light ❌
Power has been interrupted ✅

63. I saw your missed call ❌
I missed your call  ✅

64. Your voice is cracking ❌
The line is breaking ✅

65. Flash me ❌
Give me a drop-call, beep me, or give me a beep ✅

66. I am hearing you ❌
I can hear you  ✅

67. Come again ❌
Say that again ✅

68. We had cold claw for lunch ❌
We had Cole Slough for lunch ✅

69. I was beaten by the rain ❌
I was drenched by the rain ✅

70. We had jollof beans for dinner ❌
We had concocted beans for dinner ✅

71. Happy marriage life. ✅
Happy married life. ❌

72. Certificate.  ✅
Cerfiticate. ❌

73. Napkin. ✅
Nakpin. ❌

74. Herdsmen. ✅
Heardsmen. ❌

75. Silver. ✅
Sliver.  ❌

76. Chin chin. ✅
Chim chim. ❌

77. British: Extreme
American : End
Nigerian : Extreme end

78. British: Knicker
American: Short
Nigerian: Short knicker

79. British : Salon
American : Barbershop
Nigerian: Barbing salon

80. British: Bend
American: corner
Nigerian: Bend corner

81. British: so,
American: Therefore
Nigerian: So therefore,

82. British: Ten Pounds each
American: Ten Dollars each
Nigerian: Ten Ten Naira each.



No comments:

Read Comment Policy ▼
PLEASE NOTE:
We have Zero Tolerance to Spam. Chessy Comments and Comments with Links will be deleted immediately upon our review.

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad




Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Khorgist ?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2347064258615, Social Media @khorgist_com: Email: Khorgist@gmail.com More information here.