Mr Eazi is different, and no it is not because he is a rarity, a Ghana-Naija pop hybrid. 

Beyond the steady supply of hits, performing to large audiences outside of Nigeria and performing on a late-night show in America, the singer Oluwatosin Ajibade doubles as a music business exec pushing Afrobeats to the world.
Most of his contemporaries have their eyes locked on securing the new bag, but Eazi wants to be the person making the bag.
On a hot afternoon in July, I ask Mr Eazi why he is angling himself as a music tycoon and not just an artist out of West Africa riding on the wave of Afrobeats in Europe and North America.
Mr Eazi with Senior Editor, Content at Pulse Nigeria, Ayomide Tayo
It's from the background I've come from," says Eazi, "I remember the first time I was at Pulse, it was for a business. I had gotten funding for a business, and I was trying to push the business, so that's what I am."
Fate would have bigger plans for Oluwatosin Ajibade, more than just selling phones. During the period when he was the CEO of Phone Trader NG, he recorded and released the sultry single 'Skin Tight' featuring Efya.
The record took off, and now Eazi is selling music and not phones. "Music just happens to be the product I'm selling now" he admits. With his background in business (promoting parties, booking acts for shows and selling phones), music is more than an artistic endeavour, it is a hustle.
"Of course, I have to merge (both worlds). If I were just doing music, just singing and touring, I would have been bored out of my head. This is just me doing me" he confesses. 
And what Mr Eazi is doing is helping upcoming music acts in Africa become successful on their own terms via his incubator program known as emPawa
The talent incubation initiative was launched in January 2019. And in its first phase, 100 selected acts received $3,000 each to produce a music video. 
A notable beneficiary of emPawa is JoeBoy, a 21-year-old singer whose single 'Baby' is one of the biggest hit records out of Nigeria in 2019. 
"They (emPawa) helped with knowledge, platform, and how we can promote our music through our phones - like the easiest way through social media; how to promote yourself...it actually really helped and they’re still supporting with knowledge, back up and connect" JoeBoy told Pulse in an exclusive interview in July.